Caregivers and family members can play powerful healing roles in helping their loved ones overcome problem behaviors and difficult life transitions.
Dr. Spiller’s work with parents and families includes:
- Teaching families effective strategies for helping a loved one to change problem behaviors (such as substance use) by changing the way the family interacts with him or her
- Supporting families affected by the illness of a parent or child
- Helping couples parent well together
- Behavioral parent training for reducing child behavior problems
- Parenting coordination for divorced parents